The Johnson County Library Foundation's mission is to build an endowment for the Library's collection and secure support for life-long learning programs offered at Johnson County Library.
The organization, established in 1998, supports collection enrichment, youth homework assistance, art programs, early literacy initiatives, youth-at-risk programs and technology enhancement. The Foundation is widely known for its signature fundraising event, the Pinnacle Awards, held each fall, which recognizes community leaders in the arts, entrepreneurship, literacy and public engagement.
The IRS recognizes the Foundation as a 501(c)3 organization and a 509(a)1 public charity, making all charitable gifts to the foundation 100% tax deductible.
Each year, the Johnson County Library Foundation has an independent audit conducted.
For further information, please contact the Johnson County Library Foundation by phone at (913) 826-4720 or via e-mail.
Johnson County Library Foundation Board of Directors
Kerry Murphy Damas
Nitin Pai, President
Jenny Rucker, Treasurer
Bob Zender, Immediate Past President
The 2013 Library Foundation Executive Committee
Pictured: Sean Casserley, County Librarian, Mandy Hunter, Lynne Brown, Neil Shortldige, Jenny Rucker, Treasurer, Carla Hanson, Denise Mills, Bob Zender, Nitin Pai, President
"Experience Johnson County: Strategic Plan 2008 – 2012" (PDF)
This newsletter features updates from the Foundation and Friends of the Johnson County Library.
- We do not sell information on our donors.
- We do not provide donor information of any kind to any other organization or business.
- We do maintain records of all monetary gifts made to the Foundation, both designated and undesignated gifts.
- We do maintain biography files on donors and friends of the Johnson County Library Foundation. The information in these files are of the nature found in newspapers, magazines, other publications, and public records.
- We provide prospective and former donors the same protection as active donors with respect to the use of personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect information on donors, friends, and prospective donors of the Johnson County Library Foundation.
- We review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security in order to help ensure the safety of the information we maintain.
- We value our donors and friends, and we take their personal privacy seriously
The Johnson County Library Foundation endowment fund is invested at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Currently, endowment funds are allocated to the following investment pools:
- 60% Equity Portfolio
- 25% Fixed Income Portfolio
- 15% Alternative Investment Portfolio
This investment policy is reviewed regularly. If you desire a copy of the investment policy or gift acceptance policy, please contact Foundation Executive Director, Susan Mong at (913) 826-4720 or via e-mail.